5 Tips For Applying Hair Extensions
Hair extensions can be a great way to add length, volume, and even color to your hair without having to commit to a new style or cut. But if you've never applied them before, the process can seem a little daunting. Here are five tips to help you apply your hair extensions like a pro.
Choose the right type of hair extensions.
The first step to getting good hair extensions is to choose the right type. If you have fine hair, for example, you’ll want to choose extensions that are made of finer strands of hair. There are also different types of hair extensions that are better suited for different styles. If you want a natural look, for example, you might want to choose tape-in extensions. But if you’re looking for a more dramatic look, you might want to go with clip-in extensions.
Choose the right color.
One of the most important things to consider when choosing hair extensions is the color. You want to make sure the color matches your own hair as closely as possible. If you are unsure of what color to choose, you can always ask a professional at the salon. They will be able to help you find the right shade.
Choose the right length.
When you’re choosing hair extensions, it’s important to pick the right length. If you want your extensions to blend in with your natural hair, choose a length that is similar to your own hair. If you want your extensions to stand out, you can choose a longer length. Also, keep in mind that the longer the extensions, the more weight they will add to your hair.
Apply the hair extensions correctly.
1. Start by brushing your hair and making sure it is free of any knots or tangles.
2. Separate your hair into sections. You will want to apply the hair extensions to small sections of hair, starting at the bottom and working your way up.
3. Take a small section of hair and place the hair extension against it. Use a small amount of glue or adhesive to attach the hair extension to your natural hair.
4. Repeat this process until all of the hair extensions are in place.
5. Style your hair as desired. You may want to use a curling iron or flat iron to style the extensions, or you can simply let them hang loose.
Care for your hair extensions properly.
After you’ve applied your hair extensions, it’s important to take care of them properly to ensure that they last. Be sure to use a mild shampoo and conditioner when washing them, and avoid using heat styling tools as much as possible. You should also brush them gently with a soft brush to avoid damaging the hair. When you’re not wearing them, be sure to store them properly so they don’t get tangled or damaged.